Health care information management, authentication, and distribution are determined by state and federal laws, licensing, certification, and in most cases, accreditation. Health information system management follows these set standards to ensure that patient protected health information (PHI) is utilized for the intended purposes: quality patient care and patient safety. In a minimum of 300 words, address the following points in your initial post:
- Define the following: accreditation, licensing, certification.
- Discuss the functions of the Joint Commission.
- Define the categories of accreditation.
- Discuss the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). How does the NCQA impact health information systems?
- Discuss ways legal health records (LHR) are determined.