|Your Name: John Doe Doe|
|Your Assignment Title: Unit 1 Lesson 1: What Is Biology|
Section A: Short Answer Questions (40 points)
Answer the questions in space provided. (150 word minimum response)
- In your own words describe how autotrophs and heterotrophs obtain energy. (150 word minimum response)
- Starting with carbon dioxide and water, summarize the process of photosynthesis. (150 word minimum response)
- Describe the mitochondrion and its role in aerobic respiration. (150 word minimum response)
- Compare the advantages of aerobic and anaerobic respiration. (150 word minimum response)
Section B: Virtual Lab (60) points: Respiration
ALL LABS REQUIRE A COMPLETE AND PROPERLY FORMATTED LAB REPORT; ANY ASSIGNMENT THAT DOES NOT HAVE A LAB REPORT WILL BE GIVEN A FAILING GRADE. A SAMPLE REPORT FORMAT CAN BE FOUND ON THE LINK BELOW.
- Biology Lab Report Outline
- To open the links below, right click on the link and open it in a new tab or window.
- This lab requires that you vist each link listed on this page, and takes notes and observation on everything you see.
- THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSE ACCEPTED AS TO WHY YOU CANNOT PROVIDE A PROPERLY FORMATTED REPORT.
Respiration in bacteria
Investigating Bacterial Growth
Once you have completed the lab, answer the following writing prompt: