It is suggested that you review the recommended articles to glean any helpful information. In this discussion, you will be taking on the role of an associate director of a hospital who is considering the proposed opening of an urgent care clinic about 20 miles from your main campus. You have been charged with gathering demographic information that might affect the demand for the new clinic and creating a presentation that will be delivered to the hospital CEO. Consider what data might be relevant and why. What would you want to show the CEO to prove that this project would be feasible for the organization?
Today’s health care landscape is placing new importance on the economics of health care. Reflecting on the exercises you have completed thus far and incorporating information from the text, analyze how demand theory applies to public policy and the economics of health services. What elements, responsive to the specific health care service demands of your given population, would you want to present as you develop a microeconomic model based on this proposed opening of an urgent care clinic?
Your PowerPoint presentation slides must include the following information:
- Your basic microeconomic model of the projected service/project
- An analysis of the role that public policy plays in terms of your provision of health care services
- A justification of your model
- The relevance of the current financial data in terms of the projected outcome of the project
- A compare and contrast discussion of the economic challenges and incentives related to your project